VIRTUAL MEETINGS – THE NEW NORMAL
Many companies are now faced with working remotely. Are you ready to meet online?
There are many features of meeting online:
- participants can see each other using their webcam
- you can share a document and people can watch as you make edits that reflect people’s comments and the decisions you come to
- you can ask for people’s input in advance of a meeting, in a Googledoc, that will save you time in the meeting itself
- you can create polls to rank ideas, in a brainstorming session, or to rank priorities
Do any of these resonate with you?
- Do you have a clear agenda with desired outcomes for each agenda item?
- Do people leave your meetings feeling confused about the decisions that were made?
- Do people get stuck in the weeds in your meeting, when they need to be looking at the big picture?
- Are you getting the benefit of diverse perspectives in your meetings, or does your group tend to manifest Groupthink?
It doesn’t have to be this way. Skillful Facilitation has a successful approach to help you and your team work more productively, stay focused on the outcome, share assumptions and agree on the decision making process, so that you’re not second-guessing previously-established decisions.
Groups and teams have wisdom and a capacity for inspired thinking that can help them solve problems. My role is to engage people in meaningful conversations that enable them to harness their collective wisdom in order to generate insights that lead to better decisions.
What People Say
Abby did an outstanding job in facilitating a Visioning session for our leadership team. She prepared well and managed the flow of ideas throughout the day. In particular, Abby was adept at bringing the day to closure. Director, International Business School
I wanted to say thank you again for your facilitation yesterday. We accomplished more than I have ever seen us in my time in the group. Director of Family Planning, Cambridge Health Alliance.